ELEVENTH IN LINE




About This Blog
A blog about my life, universe, etc. At any given time you might find something endlessly interesting or just me ruminating on something else, which no one (not even myself) finds interesting. That's the way blogs go, I suppose. Anyway, I was eleventh in line, and you weren't. Hah!

About Me
Name:
Sarah
Age:
26
Residence:
Columbus, OH
Religion:
LDS
Political Score:
5.00/-2.15
Job:
Temp @ JPMorgan Chase
College:
Ohio State University
Majors:
Political Science, International Studies
High School: Home Educated
Hobbies:
Reading, standing in line for things, writing, research
Resume:
HotJobs
Email:
lloannna@gmail.com

About My Family
My mom is a
lawyer in Pickerington; my stepdad and dad are computer guys, and my stepmom (who works with my dad) is an engineer. My sisters are, in order of age, a photographer, an artist, and a person too young to have her own website. My brothers are, in order of age, living up north, and again, a person too young to have a website. At some point soon I'll be collecting links for my aunts, uncle, and cousins. ^_^

Message Services
(Please see the notes below the Comment Policy before sending me a message)
AIM:
lloannna
ICQ:
29395930
Yahoo:
lloannna



My CafePress Designs

Even More CafePress Designs



Star Wars: Episode 3 Line (Hollywood)
My Star Wars Line page






NaNoWriMo 2007:
My Novel: Cipere Lumen

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2006:
My Novel: The Manatee Conspiracy

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2005:
My Novel: Beyond the Cliffs of Kefira

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Participant



NaNoWriMo 2004:
My Novel: sul Okyar tir taTz'ileea

National Novel Writing Month

Friday, October 28, 2005
 
Disillusioned, Etc.  
[A]s a faltering/wavering member, the bloggernaccle is where I come to sincerely and earnestly try to work through some of my doubts. Even though I don’t always comment, I ALWAYS read. I find/found some strength here in the bloggernaccle. I went from reading View from the Foyer every day to reading Times and Seasons and feeling hopeful.

Of course, one wonders how exactly you can do that when at least two of the folks you were gaining strength from were complicit in a rather hefty conspiracy/hoax.

Everyone else already said good stuff at a blog I'm still pretty sure is real, in the comments.

My picks are...

Sue, who wrote that above quote, also wrote...
I just never thought the bloggernaccle was a place where I had to worry about getting punked.

[I]t isn’t even the fake BOH blog, it’s the fact that you lose faith in the whole idea of a bloggernaccle community of people whose “light” you might be able to borrow for a while, people who you might be able to trust a little not to deliberately lead you in the wrong direction, and ask occasional doctrinal advice from. You wouldn’t get advice from the folks from the Banner, obviously (because they were a little too strange), but the naccle in general - only it turns out you can’t trust any of them either - they’re all in on it - isn’t that hilarious? I feel like an idiot.


JKS, too:
[T]o find out that people are just screwing around, playing mind games, and snickering with their fellow in crowd naccle buddies - it’s disappointing.


And Maria, who sums the specific matter up well:
I read BoH on a pretty regular basis, but I never once posted. Nevertheless, I feel an extreme loss of respect for those involved and a general disillusionment with the bloggernacle as a whole.

My take? I put it in the comments there, but since everyone's already moved on, here you go again:

I've never been so glad to be a "personal"/"light extemporania"/"sooooo not a bloggernacle blogger" person. Even the jerks on slashdot live up to a minimal "reveal your real identity or be seen as an annonymous coward" structure. I can't really look down on them for being meaner or less considerate or less "real" than anyone in the bloggernacle now, now can I?


For the record, I'm a real person, and so is everyone else I know. I really did stand in line for Star Wars (twice!), I really do teach in Primary, I really am looking for a job, and yes, I really am a Mormon. As far as I'm aware, all of the sites I've linked to on my blogroll are, if annonymous, then obviously so -- and 20.7% are people I've met in person (one of them's my mom.) She really is my mom. Honest. I swear. No, really. Sigh. It was a lot easier when everyone else was telling the truth, too, you know?


[Tags: , ]

. | 0 comments |

Comments: Post a Comment

Because only so many people can be eleventh in line.