ELEVENTH IN LINE




About This Blog
A blog about my life, universe, etc. At any given time you might find something endlessly interesting or just me ruminating on something else, which no one (not even myself) finds interesting. That's the way blogs go, I suppose. Anyway, I was eleventh in line, and you weren't. Hah!

About Me
Name:
Sarah
Age:
26
Residence:
Columbus, OH
Religion:
LDS
Political Score:
5.00/-2.15
Job:
Temp @ JPMorgan Chase
College:
Ohio State University
Majors:
Political Science, International Studies
High School: Home Educated
Hobbies:
Reading, standing in line for things, writing, research
Resume:
HotJobs
Email:
lloannna@gmail.com

About My Family
My mom is a
lawyer in Pickerington; my stepdad and dad are computer guys, and my stepmom (who works with my dad) is an engineer. My sisters are, in order of age, a photographer, an artist, and a person too young to have her own website. My brothers are, in order of age, living up north, and again, a person too young to have a website. At some point soon I'll be collecting links for my aunts, uncle, and cousins. ^_^

Message Services
(Please see the notes below the Comment Policy before sending me a message)
AIM:
lloannna
ICQ:
29395930
Yahoo:
lloannna



My CafePress Designs

Even More CafePress Designs



Star Wars: Episode 3 Line (Hollywood)
My Star Wars Line page






NaNoWriMo 2007:
My Novel: Cipere Lumen

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2006:
My Novel: The Manatee Conspiracy

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2005:
My Novel: Beyond the Cliffs of Kefira

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Participant



NaNoWriMo 2004:
My Novel: sul Okyar tir taTz'ileea

National Novel Writing Month

Thursday, September 01, 2005
 
Louisiana Companies  
Lots of individuals live in New Orleans, and have lost their homes and workplaces. And lots of companies are based in New Orleans, and have lost stock and warehouses and computer equipment... their stock prices probably aren't going up right now, and they may not have insurance to cover their losses, let alone reestablish their businesses. One of the things that has most helped third world countries is plain old capital investment in local ventures... so in the long term, why not invest in some New Orleans based companies?

The New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau website is still running, and gives a partial list of NO-area companies.

Some of these sites are down, and some seem to go up and down periodically. The company/brand names are all pretty unique, though.

And if you or someone you know owns a small business in the affected areas, you should contact the Small Business Administration for assistance. There's a good overview of what's available here.

FRENCH MARKET HOT SAUCES
Tony Chachere’s
Zatarain’s
McIlhenny’s Tabasco sauce


BEANS
Camellia


BEER AND SPIRITS
Abita Beer
Dixie Beer (note: not their own site)


COFFEE AND TEA
Community Coffee and Tea
French Market Coffee
Luzianne
New Orleans Coffee Company


CONDIMENTS, SPICES AND SPICEBASED FOOD MIXES
Blue Plate Mayonnaise
Crystal Condiments
Magic Seasoning Blend
Melinda’s Original Habanero Pepper Sauce
Rex Pure Foods and Horse Shoe Pure Products
Steen’s Syrup


GRAIN PRODUCTS
Watermaid and Mahatma Rice
Reising and Zip Bread
King Cakes
-- Haydel
-- Gambino
-- Randazzo


List courtesy New Orleans Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau. Fall 2004.

(I deleted Southern Comfort from the list, because they are now based in Louisville, KY -- they still might be a good choice to help rebuild in the area, though, since they're originally a New Orleans company)

[Technorati tags: , .]

. | 0 comments |

Comments: Post a Comment

Because only so many people can be eleventh in line.