ELEVENTH IN LINE




About This Blog
A blog about my life, universe, etc. At any given time you might find something endlessly interesting or just me ruminating on something else, which no one (not even myself) finds interesting. That's the way blogs go, I suppose. Anyway, I was eleventh in line, and you weren't. Hah!

About Me
Name:
Sarah
Age:
26
Residence:
Columbus, OH
Religion:
LDS
Political Score:
5.00/-2.15
Job:
Temp @ JPMorgan Chase
College:
Ohio State University
Majors:
Political Science, International Studies
High School: Home Educated
Hobbies:
Reading, standing in line for things, writing, research
Resume:
HotJobs
Email:
lloannna@gmail.com

About My Family
My mom is a
lawyer in Pickerington; my stepdad and dad are computer guys, and my stepmom (who works with my dad) is an engineer. My sisters are, in order of age, a photographer, an artist, and a person too young to have her own website. My brothers are, in order of age, living up north, and again, a person too young to have a website. At some point soon I'll be collecting links for my aunts, uncle, and cousins. ^_^

Message Services
(Please see the notes below the Comment Policy before sending me a message)
AIM:
lloannna
ICQ:
29395930
Yahoo:
lloannna



My CafePress Designs

Even More CafePress Designs



Star Wars: Episode 3 Line (Hollywood)
My Star Wars Line page






NaNoWriMo 2007:
My Novel: Cipere Lumen

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2006:
My Novel: The Manatee Conspiracy

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2005:
My Novel: Beyond the Cliffs of Kefira

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Participant



NaNoWriMo 2004:
My Novel: sul Okyar tir taTz'ileea

National Novel Writing Month

Tuesday, March 01, 2005
 
Dread Tales of the New Jedi Order!  
Arrrggh.

No, really, arrrggh. I bought Vector Prime about three years ago -- two weeks before moving to California, actually, in November of 2001. I haaaaaaated it, because I can't stand RA Salvatore. Every three paragraphs I come across something that shouldn't have survived even a cursory read-through by his editor, and it really annoys me. Also, he manages to make me hate characters I've always liked, simply due to the pain -- nay, the agony -- of slogging through his characterization.

So it's not really surprising that I left it in Ohio when I moved.

Of course, then I moved back -- and during those early days with little to do and not much unpacked except the clothes I'd brought with me, that evil book was sitting there saying, "Hey, have you read me?" Of course I hadn't. And an unread book is, to me, what an unopened package of Oreos is to the general public. Unsurprisingly, I read it. I think my eyes bled a few times, but I got through it.

And then I was stuck. It was a cliffhangerish, "turn the next page to see the start of chapter 47" ending.

I bought the Stackpole books (Dark Tide I and II) a few weeks later. That was seven weeks ago. Since then I've read 17 of the next 18 books -- I have two left, plus Ylesia, an e-book I won't buy until it's in print somewhere.

And I don't even really much like the series. I just couldn't stop.

So I'm going to inflict the series on you all. I'm re-reading Vector Prime now (THE PAIN!!! THE UNENDURABLE, INDESCRIBABLE PAAAAAAAAIN!!!!) and will review it this week sometime. We'll only have 20 to go through after that, I swear.


You probably don't want to hear about my Star Trek novel collection today, so I'll hold off for a while...

. | 0 comments |

Comments: Post a Comment

Because only so many people can be eleventh in line.