ELEVENTH IN LINE




About This Blog
A blog about my life, universe, etc. At any given time you might find something endlessly interesting or just me ruminating on something else, which no one (not even myself) finds interesting. That's the way blogs go, I suppose. Anyway, I was eleventh in line, and you weren't. Hah!

About Me
Name:
Sarah
Age:
26
Residence:
Columbus, OH
Religion:
LDS
Political Score:
5.00/-2.15
Job:
Temp @ JPMorgan Chase
College:
Ohio State University
Majors:
Political Science, International Studies
High School: Home Educated
Hobbies:
Reading, standing in line for things, writing, research
Resume:
HotJobs
Email:
lloannna@gmail.com

About My Family
My mom is a
lawyer in Pickerington; my stepdad and dad are computer guys, and my stepmom (who works with my dad) is an engineer. My sisters are, in order of age, a photographer, an artist, and a person too young to have her own website. My brothers are, in order of age, living up north, and again, a person too young to have a website. At some point soon I'll be collecting links for my aunts, uncle, and cousins. ^_^

Message Services
(Please see the notes below the Comment Policy before sending me a message)
AIM:
lloannna
ICQ:
29395930
Yahoo:
lloannna



My CafePress Designs

Even More CafePress Designs



Star Wars: Episode 3 Line (Hollywood)
My Star Wars Line page






NaNoWriMo 2007:
My Novel: Cipere Lumen

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2006:
My Novel: The Manatee Conspiracy

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2005:
My Novel: Beyond the Cliffs of Kefira

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Participant



NaNoWriMo 2004:
My Novel: sul Okyar tir taTz'ileea

National Novel Writing Month

Saturday, February 12, 2005
 
They would do this on Friday...  
It's Battlestar Night. Everyone's off watching cool shows on SciFi (sorry, Enterprise fans...) and of course, Eason Jordan WOULD resign. Oh, and there's that whole "bury the story until Monday, when something else will be big -- and hey, look, shiny North Korean nuclear weapons are OVER THERE!" angle to the timing of this announcement, too.

But darn it, I was busy and didn't notice until almost four hours after the event. Again. Honestly, for someone without a life, I'm finding myself very busy.

Fortunately, at least some of these people are awake and watching the newswires. Actually, I don't think anyone watches the newswires -- I'm not even entirely certain there ARE newswires anymore -- but they were watching TV and other blogs, instead of Stargate/Battlestar, and commented far more quickly than I would have even I had been alerted right away. I'm more of a "listen, and watch, and think, and ponder, and speculate, and ruminate, and diddle, and daddle, and get dinner, and THEN blog" kind of girl. No wonder I can't even keep up my status as a Flippery Fish (I should have gotten a screenshot.)

As to my take, seeing as how dinner and rumination and even some solid Star Wars novel reading (what else am I supposed to do on the treadmill?) have been taken care of...

This was totally dumb on Eason's part. If he resigns, he should take at least two or three publicity/public relations types, and maybe a lawyer, along with him. What the heck? This guy is as clueless as those Battlestar characters who lied -- giving conflicting stories no less -- in this most recent (in the U.S.) episode. Don't do that. Everyone knows you don't do that. If you're in hot water and there's nowhere to turn -- that is the one final moment when above all else, the truth IS your friend. It was your friend way back at the beginning, too, but seeing as how you're already in desperate straits it's too late to think about that. Instead, think about how people would rather hear a contrite confession -- replete with head hanging apologetic wimpering -- than see you try and wiggle out of whatever it is you're accused of (or stand perfectly still and pretend that you aren't in massive amounts of trouble.) Maybe they should add a course in "Crisis/Scandal Management" to the requirements for journalism/communications degrees.

Bah, humbug, in any case. If the man was so great at his job, and such a good corporate leader, he would have known all of that, and have been able to articulate it better than I can at 1am. The fact that he's allowed this little thing tells me that he was either incredibly (legendarily, beyond belief) evil in his original remarks, or incredibly (again, legendarily, and beyond belief) stupid in the way he thought he could deal with it. And to be honest, I'm pretty well forced to conclude that he's both evil and stupid, seeing as how he still, right now, this very moment, is refusing to be even an itsy bit honest. It's like Dan Rather, only he didn't even have a vaunted (if not particularly well deserved) public sense of trust to fall back on.

Fine role-models for all those looking to make a career in this industry, these guys.

. | 0 comments |

Comments: Post a Comment

Because only so many people can be eleventh in line.