ELEVENTH IN LINE




About This Blog
A blog about my life, universe, etc. At any given time you might find something endlessly interesting or just me ruminating on something else, which no one (not even myself) finds interesting. That's the way blogs go, I suppose. Anyway, I was eleventh in line, and you weren't. Hah!

About Me
Name:
Sarah
Age:
26
Residence:
Columbus, OH
Religion:
LDS
Political Score:
5.00/-2.15
Job:
Temp @ JPMorgan Chase
College:
Ohio State University
Majors:
Political Science, International Studies
High School: Home Educated
Hobbies:
Reading, standing in line for things, writing, research
Resume:
HotJobs
Email:
lloannna@gmail.com

About My Family
My mom is a
lawyer in Pickerington; my stepdad and dad are computer guys, and my stepmom (who works with my dad) is an engineer. My sisters are, in order of age, a photographer, an artist, and a person too young to have her own website. My brothers are, in order of age, living up north, and again, a person too young to have a website. At some point soon I'll be collecting links for my aunts, uncle, and cousins. ^_^

Message Services
(Please see the notes below the Comment Policy before sending me a message)
AIM:
lloannna
ICQ:
29395930
Yahoo:
lloannna



My CafePress Designs

Even More CafePress Designs



Star Wars: Episode 3 Line (Hollywood)
My Star Wars Line page






NaNoWriMo 2007:
My Novel: Cipere Lumen

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2006:
My Novel: The Manatee Conspiracy

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2005:
My Novel: Beyond the Cliffs of Kefira

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Participant



NaNoWriMo 2004:
My Novel: sul Okyar tir taTz'ileea

National Novel Writing Month

Sunday, February 06, 2005
 
Jordan Eason  
And "Easongate," as this blog puts it (HT: InstaPundit). What can I say? I'd hate to find myself participating in a "blog-swarm" or "blog-mob" (I like the second one better -- it has a fun sound, like "blogosphere" and "bloggernacle" do.) But at the same time, I was behind the curve on judging/analyzing both Rathergate and the Trent Lott mess -- in the first case, by about 12 hours; in the second, by more like 6 months (I wasn't blogging very actively at the time, and I wasn't reading many of the blogs I read now -- Disney sucked my life and intellect out through my ears on a daily basis, remember?) I'd hate to, you know, continue a trend.

At the end of the day, I really feel like something more ought to get out here about this before I decide what I think. I don't want to judge someone -- or call CNN to complain about them -- on the basis of comments no one seems to have transcribed. I'd really like it if this guy would just come out and say what he means to say, in a public forum with cameras and people (not of his rarified social strata) standing nearby. Failing that, though, I feel a little like there's gotta be a time limit -- after a certain point, I have to assume that what people are saying he said, is what he actually said, and that he means it the way he said it, but doesn't have any actual evidence to back it up. There's only so long you can give someone to respond to this sort of situation, and if he'd said something vile but from a conservative standpoint, I think the media and the Congress (with both institutions' propensity to having their members standing up and screaming their opinion in as loud a voice as possible -- and pretty much for the same reasons) would be having a field day. And yes, the fact that they're ignoring this has factored into my growing belief that this is what it looks like on first blush.

It's very frustrating, overall. I don't want to be the girl who believes the worst out of those she disagrees with, and never actually listens to what they say anymore. I wish that those who disagree with me would be a bit more forthcoming and straightforward and all that... this whole "what, did I say anything?" attitude of late (the last 2-3 years) is really unbecoming of our elites, regardless of the political persuasion of those involved. The fact that it's people I disagree with makes me feel more uncomfortable with straight up denouncations...

Bleh.

(for a full run-down of what this whole navel-gazing post is actually about, please see this post... this is just a tease, mind you, originally from a different blog altogether:


During one of the discussions about the number of journalists killed in the Iraq War, Eason Jordan asserted that he knew of 12 journalists who had not only been killed by US troops in Iraq, but they had in fact been targeted.

(my emphasis)

Yeah. It gets cloudy from there, which is why I think you should read those posts I linked before you come to any conclusions... especially since conclusions are hard to come by, at the moment (see the above drivel ^_^)

. | 0 comments |

Comments: Post a Comment

Because only so many people can be eleventh in line.