ELEVENTH IN LINE




About This Blog
A blog about my life, universe, etc. At any given time you might find something endlessly interesting or just me ruminating on something else, which no one (not even myself) finds interesting. That's the way blogs go, I suppose. Anyway, I was eleventh in line, and you weren't. Hah!

About Me
Name:
Sarah
Age:
26
Residence:
Columbus, OH
Religion:
LDS
Political Score:
5.00/-2.15
Job:
Temp @ JPMorgan Chase
College:
Ohio State University
Majors:
Political Science, International Studies
High School: Home Educated
Hobbies:
Reading, standing in line for things, writing, research
Resume:
HotJobs
Email:
lloannna@gmail.com

About My Family
My mom is a
lawyer in Pickerington; my stepdad and dad are computer guys, and my stepmom (who works with my dad) is an engineer. My sisters are, in order of age, a photographer, an artist, and a person too young to have her own website. My brothers are, in order of age, living up north, and again, a person too young to have a website. At some point soon I'll be collecting links for my aunts, uncle, and cousins. ^_^

Message Services
(Please see the notes below the Comment Policy before sending me a message)
AIM:
lloannna
ICQ:
29395930
Yahoo:
lloannna



My CafePress Designs

Even More CafePress Designs



Star Wars: Episode 3 Line (Hollywood)
My Star Wars Line page






NaNoWriMo 2007:
My Novel: Cipere Lumen

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2006:
My Novel: The Manatee Conspiracy

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2005:
My Novel: Beyond the Cliffs of Kefira

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Participant



NaNoWriMo 2004:
My Novel: sul Okyar tir taTz'ileea

National Novel Writing Month

Friday, September 10, 2004
 
It's not just CBS that needs a good talking-to...  
No sir, Entertainment Weekly, that paragon of mediocrity in a field hardly known for it's outstanding committment to journalistic integrity and basic human decency, is just asking for a smackdown. Fortunately, about 150 of Wil Wheaton's readers are willing and able to provide it (note: there is some mature language on Wil's site). Now, I'm not one to condone or advocate an un-Christian approach to dealing with slights and insults, but in this case, I think a good old-fashioned complaint letter is in order (I sent this email today, to letters@ew.com):


I just read the blurb you call "Whiner of the Week" in this week's edition. I have to tell you that I stopped buying Entertainment Weekly regularly some time ago, and I'm even more satisfied with that decision today than I was at the time. I suggest that you take the time to actually read the words of authors you criticize and mock, before actually putting your unfounded assumptions into print where thousands of people can see you prove just how unprofessional you are. In particular, I'd like to welcome you to read more than the first thirty pages of Wil Wheaton's most recent book (and any of the pages from his first one, "Dancing Barefoot"), so that you're more adequately prepared to present him with the apology we all know he deserves for your treatment. Your future success depends entirely on your reputation amongst your audience and sources; egregious misrepresentations like this one will only hasten your downfall. And I, for one, won't be sorry to see you gone, as your magazine is currently occupying space that would be more beneficially allotted to, well, anyone else.


Gotta love the sound of columnists and editors squirming in their seats. For heaven's sake, how long will it take people to figure out that annoying the heck out of geeks, nerds, and intellectuals with internet connections is just... bad for one's sanity?

. | 0 comments |

Comments: Post a Comment

Because only so many people can be eleventh in line.