ELEVENTH IN LINE




About This Blog
A blog about my life, universe, etc. At any given time you might find something endlessly interesting or just me ruminating on something else, which no one (not even myself) finds interesting. That's the way blogs go, I suppose. Anyway, I was eleventh in line, and you weren't. Hah!

About Me
Name:
Sarah
Age:
26
Residence:
Columbus, OH
Religion:
LDS
Political Score:
5.00/-2.15
Job:
Temp @ JPMorgan Chase
College:
Ohio State University
Majors:
Political Science, International Studies
High School: Home Educated
Hobbies:
Reading, standing in line for things, writing, research
Resume:
HotJobs
Email:
lloannna@gmail.com

About My Family
My mom is a
lawyer in Pickerington; my stepdad and dad are computer guys, and my stepmom (who works with my dad) is an engineer. My sisters are, in order of age, a photographer, an artist, and a person too young to have her own website. My brothers are, in order of age, living up north, and again, a person too young to have a website. At some point soon I'll be collecting links for my aunts, uncle, and cousins. ^_^

Message Services
(Please see the notes below the Comment Policy before sending me a message)
AIM:
lloannna
ICQ:
29395930
Yahoo:
lloannna



My CafePress Designs

Even More CafePress Designs



Star Wars: Episode 3 Line (Hollywood)
My Star Wars Line page






NaNoWriMo 2007:
My Novel: Cipere Lumen

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2006:
My Novel: The Manatee Conspiracy

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2005:
My Novel: Beyond the Cliffs of Kefira

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Participant



NaNoWriMo 2004:
My Novel: sul Okyar tir taTz'ileea

National Novel Writing Month

Tuesday, August 31, 2004
 
This is sad...  
And I feel bad for Steven Den Beste. He's one of my favorite online authors, alongside James Lileks (this is opposed to favorite bloggers -- I don't categorize Lileks or Den Beste alongside Glenn Reynolds or Frank J., because they're doing something clearly different, I think). But if I got this kind of email every two days, I'd stop writing, too, I think. And stuff like this is just so unproductive that if I regularly encountered it, I'd probably take a year off of the internet. It's really regrettable that he's taking what amounts to an indefinite leave of absence from writing, because I felt that what he was writing was insightful and informative and also (more importantly) because at one time he really got a lot out of it.

At the same time that I mourn his absence from the online world, though, I also admire his ability to step back and say "no more." Sometimes there are things that take more out of you than they give back, and it can take a lot of guts (and energy) to actually walk away from them. I can say with growing certainty that I stayed at Disneyland about eight months longer than was probably healthy for me or them; the level of bitterness and disenchantment (partially for objectively valid reasons, and partially due to withdrawal) would have been a lot lower if I had quit sooner, and I'd probably be a lot more likely to actually want to step foot inside the Happiest Place on Earth (and spend money on Disney stuff in the future) if I had. At this point the likelihood of me going to Disneyland to enjoy myself is approximately the same as the likelihood of me going to a Southern Baptist Convention anti-Mormon rally for the fellowship and spiritually uplifting feelings. I hope that Den Beste is stepping away early enough that he'll think about writing again, in six months or a year or whatever, and not want to blow up his computer.

And I hope that the work he's already done will stay online, because I thought it was very valuable (and educational). The internet would feel like a less interesting place without his posts.

Meanwhile, as long as the site is up at all, it'll stay on my blog roll. That way when I go through looking for dead sites and URL changes, I'll be able to see if he's come back yet. Hope to see you again soon, Steve.

. | 0 comments |

Comments: Post a Comment

Because only so many people can be eleventh in line.