ELEVENTH IN LINE




About This Blog
A blog about my life, universe, etc. At any given time you might find something endlessly interesting or just me ruminating on something else, which no one (not even myself) finds interesting. That's the way blogs go, I suppose. Anyway, I was eleventh in line, and you weren't. Hah!

About Me
Name:
Sarah
Age:
26
Residence:
Columbus, OH
Religion:
LDS
Political Score:
5.00/-2.15
Job:
Temp @ JPMorgan Chase
College:
Ohio State University
Majors:
Political Science, International Studies
High School: Home Educated
Hobbies:
Reading, standing in line for things, writing, research
Resume:
HotJobs
Email:
lloannna@gmail.com

About My Family
My mom is a
lawyer in Pickerington; my stepdad and dad are computer guys, and my stepmom (who works with my dad) is an engineer. My sisters are, in order of age, a photographer, an artist, and a person too young to have her own website. My brothers are, in order of age, living up north, and again, a person too young to have a website. At some point soon I'll be collecting links for my aunts, uncle, and cousins. ^_^

Message Services
(Please see the notes below the Comment Policy before sending me a message)
AIM:
lloannna
ICQ:
29395930
Yahoo:
lloannna



My CafePress Designs

Even More CafePress Designs



Star Wars: Episode 3 Line (Hollywood)
My Star Wars Line page






NaNoWriMo 2007:
My Novel: Cipere Lumen

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2006:
My Novel: The Manatee Conspiracy

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2005:
My Novel: Beyond the Cliffs of Kefira

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Participant



NaNoWriMo 2004:
My Novel: sul Okyar tir taTz'ileea

National Novel Writing Month

Thursday, May 20, 2004
 
I RESISTED THE TEMPTATION...  
And it was great, but I did it because to give in would be the Wrong Thing To Do, and we can't have that. Mind you, they probably deserved it, but in any case, I think my missive went to the people who actually might care (or at least not trash it in irritation). Yes, that's right, I lodged my complaint about the Blogger redesign with the "Wish/Suggestion" people, instead of the "Something's Broken" people. Sure, all of Blogger is broken. No, that's still the unethical selection amongst the three given. In any case, it'll probably turn out to be the same underpaid underling at Google who reads it, and they won't care at all, and will check off a few tick marks on their comment sheet ("Hates New Blogger But Is Extremely Annoying and Evidently Unhinged and Should Be Ignored: ||||| ||||| |||| ||||| ||"). Hopefully there'll be a bunch more sheets filled with tick marks for just that line. It's their labor hours to burn, baby.

In any case, here's what I wrote, minus the actual text of the post just below this one (as I write it, anyway) and with the URLs properly linkified with standard HTML goodness. Yay.



"Hello. I read in your replies to another user's comments that you were monitoring all the questions and comments regarding your new redesign. I'd like to share my opinion with you now, by quoting from my personal blog entry on the subject. Before I start, I'd like to add that I agree wholeheartedly with the statements made in the following posts, by other people:

LawPundit

The Volokh Conspiracy

Diamond Geezer

In particular, I'd like to see the option to return to the Classic interface, the restoration of the ability to see older posts as I wrote current ones, the ability to navigate by date (using the highly intuitive calendar), and the return to a you're-signed-in, here's-your-stuff, to-get-to-another-blog-click-on-this-drop-menu, hey-you-can-type-with-just-one-click-from-the-login/front-page simplicity. I don't want a blogger that's pretty, that's geekily certified, or written so that even the dumbest of people who forget how to do something unless you put it on the page in front of them in 12pt font (and you won't let the not-dumb people remove the hint, ever). I just want one that's fast, efficient, and more or less intuitive. I don't have a ton of time for blogging; that you guys make it harder for me is a primary reason why I haven't considered upgrading to BlogSpot Plus (the only thing in your favor is that it's also the reason I haven't moved off BlogSpot for a MT or otherwise powered independently hosted site). I don't expect you to care, but seeing as how you suggested that you wanted to know, I thought I'd share anyway. Oh, and one other thing: I don't value friendliness highly in a website design, anymore than I value coolness or political correctness. Follow the example of the Google main page, which works well (better without the images, incidentally). Websites should be usable before they're friendly or cool, and like access-minded text only sites everywhere, should value function over form. You guys trashed many a function in favor of a form that isn't even particularly friendly on a universal level (though it manages to make a lot of people feel disrespected and annoyed). You're not Disney, leave the cutesy designs to the people whose audience wants it.

What follows is the text of the relevant blog post. Incidentally, I'm not actually trying to punish you for saying "the more detailed you can be, the better."

(deleted: the text of my first post on this same topic)

. | 0 comments |

Comments: Post a Comment

Because only so many people can be eleventh in line.