ELEVENTH IN LINE




About This Blog
A blog about my life, universe, etc. At any given time you might find something endlessly interesting or just me ruminating on something else, which no one (not even myself) finds interesting. That's the way blogs go, I suppose. Anyway, I was eleventh in line, and you weren't. Hah!

About Me
Name:
Sarah
Age:
26
Residence:
Columbus, OH
Religion:
LDS
Political Score:
5.00/-2.15
Job:
Temp @ JPMorgan Chase
College:
Ohio State University
Majors:
Political Science, International Studies
High School: Home Educated
Hobbies:
Reading, standing in line for things, writing, research
Resume:
HotJobs
Email:
lloannna@gmail.com

About My Family
My mom is a
lawyer in Pickerington; my stepdad and dad are computer guys, and my stepmom (who works with my dad) is an engineer. My sisters are, in order of age, a photographer, an artist, and a person too young to have her own website. My brothers are, in order of age, living up north, and again, a person too young to have a website. At some point soon I'll be collecting links for my aunts, uncle, and cousins. ^_^

Message Services
(Please see the notes below the Comment Policy before sending me a message)
AIM:
lloannna
ICQ:
29395930
Yahoo:
lloannna



My CafePress Designs

Even More CafePress Designs



Star Wars: Episode 3 Line (Hollywood)
My Star Wars Line page






NaNoWriMo 2007:
My Novel: Cipere Lumen

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2006:
My Novel: The Manatee Conspiracy

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


NaNoWriMo 2005:
My Novel: Beyond the Cliffs of Kefira

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Participant



NaNoWriMo 2004:
My Novel: sul Okyar tir taTz'ileea

National Novel Writing Month

Sunday, August 10, 2003
 
 
A FEW RANDOM THINGS: So, anyway, it's occurred to me that I don't update nearly often enough. Especially in terms of a day-to-day update thing (I do well on individual days, except when I don't update for ten such days all in a row), and not just hour-to-hour. Perhaps I'm not as bad as some people are, but it's not about comparisons. So, let's actually go about the business of blogging.

Recall Stuff
I've decided, as I'm sure you all know, to volunteer for the Schwarzenegger campaign. Well, that's becoming a bit of a pain. It turns out the California Republican Party can't quite be bothered to answer their phones on the weekend. So, as JAC (as I will henceforth be referring to the JoinArnold.Com website) STILL isn't updated with anything useful (there's a nice little bit about how great it was that in 1911, this one guy thought that a recall would be a good idea) beyond an online contribution form, I have to wait until tomorrow to get a phone number for volunteering and stuff. I have not, BTW, completely rejected the idea of voting for McClintock. I do wish I knew more about him, and less about his seeming need to just keep running for stuff till he wins again.

Also, just a warning, expect high levels of Recall-related stuff in my posts to pretty much every email list I'm on. Yes, even the Harry Potter fanfiction commentary ones. Sorry, just can't help it.


The Value of Independence
I'm going to be calling and emailing a few dozen people in the next three weeks, looking for a place to live. After 19 months of overstaying my welcome at my father's house (note to self: don't do that ever again), I've decided I would rather live on Ramen noodles than live here anymore. Also, once I'm out of the house, I can justifiably claim to be poor, and get reduced payments on my student loans.


The September That Never Ended
I finally have a name for the nightmare I experienced as a only-marginally-experienced Internet type, shortly before I started ninth grade. I wasn't really "in" the online world (Usenet, etc.) for very long before the day that AOL opened their portal to the Web (I remember trying to get through that portal during our brief and tortuous experience with AOL in 1991-92, and seeing a notice saying "Available Soon"), but it was still very much an us-vs-them thing for me (the "them" being AOL users), and for years I've recalled the time when the internet got flooded with neophytes and idiots with regret and sorrow (though actually, it was 1994, when AOLers started making websites and everyone started putting URLs in commercials, before I felt much of anything -- I was never really into Usenet except as a lurker). Considering that I wasn't even a teenager at the time, it's amazing how judgemental I was. Anyway, one hopes that the imminent arrival of AOL Journals won't have the same effect...

. | 0 comments |

Comments: Post a Comment

Because only so many people can be eleventh in line.